Since we are going back on the road this spring, we’re guessing there are going to be heaps of folks all over Europe that might want to buy our merch right? RIGHT!
Thing is, our resident designer stabbed himself in both eyes with his Wacom pen, after we asked him if he was up for doing a new T-shirt. Don’t worry, he’s recovering, but now were pretty bummed and in dire need of a new mind blowing design. So, we want to give you guys a chance to draw (pun intended) a little attention to your work and at the same time help us out with a new T-shirt to sell at our upcoming summer shows. It doesn’t have to be fancy if that’s not your style, and you don’t have to be a designer necessarily.
If you like to draw, design, or mess around with Photoshop, and have affinity with our style of music, why not give it a shot?
“So, what kind of shirt are you guys expecting?”
Well, that’s up to you really. We’d like it if you were to be inspired by our music, but if you work better while listening to Katy Perry, that’s okay with us.
It’d be even better if you actually were Katy Perry, but we’re guessing she doesn’t have any design-skills, so that would make it just plain awkward.
“Yeah right, you bunch of broke-ass musicians! What’s in it for me?!”
Fair question! Check it out:
- First of all, you get an “I Scream Records Surprise Pack”, comprised of albums from some of your favorite ISR bands, including Trapped Under Ice’s latest “Big Kiss Goodnight”.
- Secondly, your shirt will be prominently featured in our summer promotion and actively pushed at our merchandise stand and our online media, prominently featuring your name/website.
- You get 10 free shirts of your own design, in a size of your choice.
- You get to pick two current shirts for free from our web shop.
- You get a signed copy of our album “Lone Wolves”.
- Free entrance to an MCB show of your choice for you and a friend, valid throughout 2012.
Man, we know people who’d just do it to get drunk with the band. Fuck all that other stuff.
Anyway, there are some rules for you to abide to, so read this closely:
- Design a T-shirt (yeah, that’s rule number 1).
- 4 colors, maximum! (That counts as 4 on 1 side / no back print, 3 on the front / 1 on the back, etc. Take your pick)
- Entries will be judged by a completely partial jury of misfits and assholes (the band). Our call is final. Don’t whine; don’t send letters; don’t send death threats. (You may, however, send us compromising photos of your physique, in order to persuade us)
- Remember that the shirt will have to be as nice on print as on your example, so to be able to print the shirt we’ll require a relatively high resolution jpeg or Photoshop image (Anything from 150 to 300 DPI), or a vector image (.eps or .pdf).
- If you require our logos for your design (you don’t have to use these), you can grab them from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2709581/Promo/MCB_Logos_2012.zip
- Please do not use images or fonts you suspect are copyrighted. If you are not sure, please do not use them. Try to be as original as you can, and make sure we do not get sued for plagiarism once we decide you have “made” the winning design!
- No Rules, other than that racist, fascist or homophobic designs will not be taken seriously and neither will you.
Take note that we will regularly showcase the best designs on our Facebook page.
We will accept entries until April 29, 2012. The winner will be picked April 30th 2012!
So, that’s it! Send your designs (and questions, if you have any) to email@example.com and don’t forget to include your contact information.
What are you waiting for? GET CRACKIN’!